Build a Home Automation System for $100: Learn Raspberry Pi, ESP8266, Arduino and Node-RED
2018 | ISBN: n/a | English | 402 pages | PDF | 11.63 MB
Build a Home Automation System for $100
Learn Raspberry Pi, ESP8266, Arduino and Node-RED. This is a premium step-by-step course to get you building a real world home automation system using open-source hardware and software.
It’s time to learn Home Automation
With a focus on simplicity and readability, this course will have you building a complete Home Automation System for under $100 in no time!
Together, we will go through the basic concepts and by the end of the course you’ll have a fully functional home automation system that you can use to control and monitor your home from anywhere in the world.
We will use popular boards, such as, the Raspberry Pi to act as the main server. We will also use the ESP8266 and the Arduino to perform multiple tasks around your home.
Why the course name?
The course is called Build a Home Automation System for $100, because you will only need less than $100 of components to complete the course. You’ll need a Raspberry Pi, an ESP8266, an Arduino, various cheap sensors and actuators and assorted electronics components (like resistors, LEDs, wire cables and breadboard).
What’s inside the Build a Home Automation System?
How to build an entire Home Automation System from start to finish.
- Use Raspberry Pi, ESP8266 and Arduino boards
- Use Node-RED, Node-RED Dashboard and Linux commands
- Establish an MQTT connection with multiple devices in your network
- Control any device, outlet or lamp
- Read sensor data (temperature, humidity, luminosity and more)
- Trigger events based on sensor data, time and set modes
- Display your data in gauges and charts
- Build a smoke and motion detection system with email notifications
- Make your dashboard password protected and accessible from anywhere in the world
- And much more – check below for a full description for each Module
The Course Modules
A colorful 336 pages long PDF with step-by-step instructions, all the source code, detailed schematics and screenshots that are easy to follow. Build a Home Automation System for $100 Course has 14 Modules inside and it was updated in 2018.
Each module breaks down a specific concept of the Home Automation system and allows for quick referencing in the future.
With easy step-by-step tutorial you can learn how to automate your home in a couple of afternoons! Here’s the Table of Contents:
- Getting Started with the Raspberry Pi
- Installing the Operating System
- Getting started with Node-RED
- Experimenting with MQTT
- Designing the Graphical User Interface
- Connecting the ESP8266
- Controlling Outlets/Lamps with the ESP8266
- Reading Temperature and Humidity, Detecting Smoke and Motion with the ESP8266
- Accessing Node-RED Dashboard From Anywhere in the World
- Connecting the Arduino
- Controlling Outlets and Reading Sensors with the Arduino
- Adding Rules and Triggering Events
- Extra 1 – Information that might be useful for this course
- Extra 2 – Getting Started with Linux