Yomiwa – Japanese Dictionary and OCR v3.6.4
Requirements: Android 4.1+ | Size: 71.39 MB
Yomiwa is an easy way to translate Japanese with your camera in real-time. Yomiwa displays English translations of Japanese characters: single kanjis & full words written with kanjis, hiraganas, katakanas, when you aim at them with the camera . You can also take a picture or upload one from your own files and translate Japanese text in them. Yomiwa also has a built-in drawing feature for you to draw and translate Japanese characters on your touch-screen, in order to learn and practice writing Japanese. Yomiwa also includes a dictionary searchable in Japanese (text or drawing) or English.
Yomiwa works fully offline. Yomiwa can recognize more than 3000 different kanjis and all hiraganas and katakanas.
YOMIWA IS PERFECT FOR:
• Read and understand Japanese text (newspaper, manga, books)
• Learn and study Japanese Kanjis (meaning, reading, drawing, writing)
• Translate Japanese words in everyday life situations
• Instant on-the-go translation when travelling in Japan
• Overcome the language barrier!
• Use as a dictionary
• Translate Japanese characters with your camera or from you stored images (photo gallery, google drive etc.)
• Translate words made of all types of Japanese characters (Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana)
• Translate proper names (such as people names, places, locations)
• Get the Japanese pronunciation of words in roman letters (romaji) or hiragana / katakana.
• Get the meaning of single or combinations of Kanjis
• Draw characters on the screen to translate them and practice writing Japanese
• Read either horizontal or vertical Japanese text
• Copy the recognized characters or their reading by doing a long press on the pop-up
• Open an image with yomiwa directly from an other app by clicking on the “share” button
• Can’t import large images on some old devices (memory issue)